Forgot your password?
Need confirmation email?
PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)
at 6:27AM PST on June 9, 2011.
By all measures the Wii has sold 86 million, averaging almost 5 years after release 200k in sales per week.
Portable system pipelines are traditionally shorter than home consoles.
Does anyone care to explain why we expect the PSV to perform as well as the Wii considering the following facts:
1. Sony's online strategy is a mess
2. Vita will compete against the DS, 3DS, WiiU, iPhone, Windows Phone, and Tablet PCs
3. The portable console market is not only eroding to competition from other sectors, but has never really topped 200 million in overall sales.
4. Despite what you may have heard, Nintendo still owns this market outselling Sony 4:1
5. PSP has sold only 68 million at retail over 7 years.
6. The Vita will not live 7 years.
That's a steep uphill battle for the PSV, an otherwise strong, and sexy piece of hardware.
4 years ago, I declared Wii and DS positions on TSE to be way off the mark. I was berated, asked to provide proof etc. Not once has anyone provided concrete information about the sustainability of these sales.
I suspect I will be correct again when it comes to Vita sales.
[ Veteran ]
[ Level 21 ]
[ Rank: 878 ]
is the video game stock market and the source for
video game sales
Learn why you should join >
Terms of Service
Copyright © 2006 - 2011 The simExchange, LLC. All rights reserved.
THE SIMEXCHANGE, graphics, logos, icons, and other service names are trademarks of The simExchange, LLC.